Well, guess what?
Cartoon Network announced its lineup for 2013-2014, and you know who's on it? Green Lantern: The Animated Series isn't, and neither is Young Justice.
So I've been waiting these last two weeks to see if anyone was going to do a journal or something on this with universal information that we could all use; some people still don't even know about it's cancellation; but all seems silent on the dA front.
So I figured I'd do it.
No one knows why, so don't ask. It obviously isn't ratings or popularity, and legal problems wouldn't shut down both shows. I'm blaming it on poor marketing and the sucky timeslot. These shows would be huge if they were advertised like Adventure Time or Regular Show and aired in the evening.
Cartoon Network loves to alienate its multiple fanbases though.
Anyways, this isn't a rant so much as a comfort zone and info spot. I've gone through a lot of websites (God bless the internet) the last few days and found places that are perfect for sad YJ and GLTAS fans to check out.
I'll try to update this periodically. PLEASE send it to any DC groups you know. You don't need to credit me, I just want what you want: to save these shows.
If you know of an article or video or something else that you think should be in here, please leave a comment and let me know.
10 bits of advice. Take it or leave it, I recommend taking it so we can try and save our shows.
1) Sign the petition (link below)
2) Write to Cartoon Network (address below)
3) Try to avoid watching any Cartoon Network except for the DC Nation block. In relative terms, this will boost YJ and GLTAS ratings.
4) Post on FB and Twitter everyday (links below)
5) Ask your friends to record the shows or turn on the TV during the block. They don't have to watch it; just having the TV on will boost ratings.
6) Trend. Each week a hashtag is designated for Saturday and our job is to get it trending. (more info below)
7) Along with your letter, there are several designated items being sent to Cartoon Network. (More info below)
8) Buy the toys, buy the comics, buy the iTunes episodes, buy the DVDs, buy any merchandise you can afford.
9) Call Cartoon Network, and leave a POLITE voice-mail (some people have actually been answering, so remember, BE POLITE)
10) Enjoy the shows while you can.
(So far these are the best and most consistent ratings websites)[link][link]
(Caution around some of these vids.)[link]
(angry and explicit fans)
(Don't rant on these accounts. These are accounts where you can get INFO)[link]
(producer of GLTAS)[link]
(writer on GLTAS)[link]
(producer of YJ)[link]
(artist of YJ comic book)[link]
RANT and MISCELLANEOUS:
(Here's where you can rant, protest, argue, find example letters, beg, get even more info, or otherwise try and make somewhat of a difference)[link]
(Young Justice Wiki Page - Save Young Justice)[link]
(Daily to-do list)[link]
(Cartoon Network's Facebook)[link]
(Cartoon Network's Twitter)[link]
(Bring Back GLTAS and YJ Facebook)[link]
(Tumblr to-do list)`
(Chatroom for YJ and GLTAS)[link]
1050 Techwood Drive Northwest
Atlanta, GA 30318, United States
More addresses, phone numbers and e-mails can be found here: [link][link]
(Cartoon Network Contact)
It's been decided that one (or more) of these specific things should be sent:
REACH Bottle [link]
Blue Razaya Flower [link]
The hashtags change every week so that they can trend. The first week it was #SaveYJandGLTAS and last week it was #AntiReach. If you want to know the new hashtag for upcoming Saturday, check [link]
this FB page.
something small to make you smile: [link]
It's our turn to save the heroes, but let's not become villains by doing it. BE POLITE IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS.