And with that, slot donations are closed! Thank you so much everyone, this is pretty incredible. Not only did you all make it possible for THREE people to win, we've already raised around $60 for Astral! I'll try to find a counter somewhere to display how much we've earned so far So from here on out we can only accept cash donations through paypal for tickets--sorry if you missed out on slot donations; they came much quicker than expected Needless to say all the donations, cash and otherwise, have really warmed everyone's hearts around here <3 So take a gander at the prizelist once more time! We've got quite a variety of mutations down there And if you'd rather have art than mutations or other horses, =Zandromina is offering! [link]
Thank you! I love you guys.
Okay guys, donations are fabulous, thank you all so much! I've expanded this to include 3 winners. I may do some reshuffling of prizes but ticket numbers will stay the same. Once the 3rd prize pool is filled, I will no longer be accepting slot donations. Thank you so much for the response thus far, it's fantastic!
Yes, annual! I have been thinking quite a bit that I'd love to do some kind of kindness/charity thing with Nordanners. However, since it doesn't seem right to use the group itself for that, these will only be held on my personal account. I think I'll try to host one once or twice a year, either benefiting someone in the community or a local charity (local to me, that is). Prizes will vary. Read below for details.
To help out someone struggling in the community OR a local charity. Please don't ask to be featured/for help via the raffle. I will choose my projects according to my own standards and rules--bothering me will not help your cause.
Current Kindness Target:
^Astralseed. Sounds all official when you call it a target, huh? Astral is one of the sweetest people I know. She works hard both in and for the community, as a leader of many groups and a community volunteer. She and her family have been struggling for a little while, and, well...when it rains, it pours. In her own words...
"We live in an area that is roughly 1 hour drive away from any public transportation so we rely on having a car. My oldest son is Autistic and both him and me rely on getting to our doctors (20 miles from where we live) in order to continue getting our meds. Our car has very recently taken a turn for the worse. It currently has transmission problems as well as serious issues with either the brakes or the front axel (or potentially both). We only have a little bit of extra money (since our income is incredibly limited) to put into either fixing the car or buying a new one. Ideally we should find a new used car to buy since the current car is having issues with the transmission and it wouldn't be smart to pour every last penny we have into a car that will die in another 2 months anyway, completely leaving us without the ability to even put money towards another car. The other issue we have is that we can not afford car payments, nor full coverage insurance since we have to move this summer which will cut our income by a potential 200 a month and raise our cost of living by just as much."
They are also dealing with the issue of moving, as the house they're currently living in is being sold, and they MUST move. But how does one move without a car? And no moving money? Exactly! So that's what we're here to do: help.
Let's just speculate for a moment. Let's say I have 300 ACTIVE watchers, who read things and click on them even if they don't necessarily chitchat much. Now imagine if each of them donated $3.
3 x 300 = $900. Wow. Pretty impressive, right? Means a lot to a family just trying to get from point A to point B without a piano falling on their heads. So, interested in helping someone? Great! Only here for the prizes? That's fine too! Keep reading.
All donations go directly to ^Astralseed's PayPal, NOT mine. Her paypal is firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include your screen name in the memo so we know who you are.
- In order to donate, you must have paypal. Donations less than $3 do not earn you a ticket and are considered gifts.
- You must provide proof of your donation in order to receive your tickets. To do this, once the transaction is completed, take a screenshot either of the receipt sent to your e-mail or the one provided in the transaction details. See examples here: [link]
- Please make sure to block out any personal information! Your account numbers are not wanted. Seriously. Keep them. I only need to see your screen-name, the amount, and that it was sent to Astral. That's it. If you're not comfortable commenting with your screenshot, feel free to sta.sh it and note me.
Once verified, you will be given your ticket numbers and they'll be added to the journal.
This is not a 1-1 ratio of $$'s and tickets.
- $3 earns you 1 ticket. $5 earns you 2. $10 earns you 5.
- Tickets are priced this way due to the high value of the prizes. Whining doesn't earn you any tickets. Just fyi.
No cash or paypal, but want to help? Certain donations can earn you tickets! Please read this part very carefully. You've all donated so generously that we can't take it anymore! Thank you so much! You've made it possible for 2 more winners and a huge variety of amazing horses.
- No point donations are accepted. Sorry guys, but I've already checked with staff to make sure this is as legit as it can be on my end and dA has a rule about that. So, no points donations will be accepted, nor asked for.
- No art donations will earn you tickets. Sorry, but I don't want to get into trying to value people's art to tickets, and as much as you don't want to hear that your pile of chibis wouldn't be worth 200 tickets, I do not want to tell you. So. Let's just back away from that very slowly. However, if you want art for your money, =Zandromina is offering! [link]
- Donate a slot to a dominant Nordanner mutation with decent lineage (long lines and/or lineage blocked will be declined) and earn 3 tickets.
- Donate a slot to a recessive Nordanner mutation with short lines (again, long lines/lineage blocked will be declined) and earn 2 tickets.
- Donate a slot to any Nordanner starter and earn 1 ticket.
- No slots to natural Nordanners can be accepted for tickets unless they are a starter (see above). If you want to donate just to be nice, you may, but it doesn't earn you a ticket.
- No other breed slot donations will be accepted, sorry.
No more than 5 tickets may be earned per person via donations.
Slots must be able to be gifted should the winner not need them. However, the winner MUST clear the recipient of their gift through the slot owner. Always ask the horse owner first in this case as you might not know who is on their personal blacklist. Winner may NOT re-sell slots for profit.
Slot donators are allowed to request a headshot breeding picture if absolutely necessary, but nothing more than that as the point of the raffle is not to drown the poor winner in art they must do to use the given slots. Stipulations like these will be added next to each prize that requires it. All slots must be immediately usable, i.e no slots after 200 kaaring, slots to foals, etc.
End date is forthcoming. Winners will be decided by the ever powerful RNG. The first
Ah yes, the reason anyone comes to a raffle. Don't lie, I saw how you scrolled down super fast to read this first! Without further ado...
Split the prize pool. There will now be
1st Place Winner Gets...
A 6 month premium from me OR 1,000
A slot to Isolde, a Dominant Angler Mutation mare.
A semi-custom Natural Starter Nordanner of your very own.
A Recessive Peafowl Foal from Virtuoso and Promisium.
A slot to Tutankhamon, a Dominant Butterfly Mutation Stallion, from =ThatDenver.
- Headshot breedpic required.
A slot to Pirate's Bounty, a Recessive Atlanticus Mutation Stallion from =Crissiesaurus
- Headshot breedpic required.
A slot to Hoku, a Palomino Minimal Splash with Birdcatcher Spots Starter Nordanner Mare, from *RVMStables
A slot to Black Ice, a Blue Roan Sabino Tobiano Splash Rabicano Starter Nordanner Stallion from *LastLight-Nordanners
A slot to Liberty Bell, a Recessive Laced Tobiano Mare, from *Kamieno
A slot to Vacare Aeterno, a Recessive Dominant White on Palomino Splash Tabby Mutation Stallion, from ~StillRaging
2nd Place Winner Gets...
A six month premium from me OR 1,000
A slot to Mystere, a Dominant Clouded Leopard Mutation stallion.
A slot to Nefertiti, a Dominant Butterfly Mutation Mare, from =ThatDenver.
- Headshot breedpic required.
A slot to Ezabella, a black tobiano Nordanner starter, from *AJRyan22
A 2nd slot to Black Ice, a Blue Roan Sabino Tobiano Splash Rabicano Starter Nordanner Stallion from *LastLight-Nordanners
A slot to Phantom in the Mist, a Gray Minimal Splash Nordanner Stallion, from *Kamieno
A slot (the last!) to Spot the Difference, a Flaxen Red Roan Leopard Appaloosa Start Nordanner Mare, from =emmy1320
A slot to Cumannai Deigh, a Recessive Red Roan Frostsplash, from =PSNapier
A slot to Girl of Glass, a Dominant Palomino Roan Zebra Mutation Mare, from =Flying-Spirit
A slot to Dovakiin, a Dominant Wild Bay Sabino Tabby Mutation Stallion, from =Flying-Spirit
A slot to The First Avenger, a Dominant Black Peafowl + nFawn, from *GunsSmoke
3rd Place Winner Gets...
3 month premium from me OR 600
A slot to Beauty of the Dawn, a Black Starter Nordanner Mare, from ~Tuttibird13
A slot to Rocking like a Hurricane, a Black Starter Nordanner Stallion, from ~Royalitie
A 2nd slot to Girl of Glass, a Dominant Palomino Roan Zebra Mutation Mare, from =Flying-Spirit
A slot to Enter Name Here, a Black Tobiano Starter Nordanner Stallion, from =PSNapier
A slot to The Fairy Slayer, a Dominant Chestnut Tobiano Splash Tabby Mutation Mare, from =Lenalee11
A slot to Cleopatra's Moon, a Recessive Red Moulin Mutation from =Lenalee11
A slot to Buzzvallus, a Silver Sable Champagne Tobiano Snowcap Starter Nordanner Stallion from *GunsSmoke
Ticket List: [link]
Credits: I have to say that this is heavily inspired by SuzumeKuromiu, who held a raffle last year. The idea, thought and caring behind it really touched me and I've been wanting to do something similar ever since. Now I have the opportunity.